Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Santa Fe 2009

Ahh, Santa Fe! My "spiritual center" of the universe. Every time I go there, I feel as though I regain the balance in my life. It truly is one of my all-time favorite destinations. The week goes all too quickly, but leaves me wanting for much much more. Here are but a few pics from our week.


Our hosts, the Chicago Eleys (Tom, Victoria, TC, Teddy & Katherine) and the McCollum-VanHoosears during our annual President's Week pilgrimage to Santa Fe.

One thing we love to do in Santa Fe, ski & snowboard...I'm posing with TC who I could barely keep up with - to be 18 again!


Lucas learns to navigate the slopes! "Dad, I only fell thwee times!" Hit the "PLAY" arrow to see Lucas' first ski experience.
The Eley & McCollum-VanHoosear kids.
Everybody waits patiently for our table at the Plaza Cafe...
What the heck...kids on stilts with mustaches??? Welcome to Canyon Road Art Feast! A delicious way to see some of Santa Fe's finest art houses (as well as some interesting entertainment!)
Even an acordian player!
Miss Kate was bundled for the event...
The Santa Fe Farmer's Market is always fun to visit...
As well as the new Railyard Park adjacent to the market. Lucas LOVED the maze!

The merry-go-round was pretty darn fun as well!

These are two of the most handsome men in Santa Fe!!!

Lucas finds a new friend at Stone Forest...


We had a house party for our other visiting friends...the Weissmans from Seattle (Lucas plays the electric guitar with Lucas Weissman - not only did they share the same name, they even looked like each other! Lucas W is 13, Lucas MVH is 5.

Now its MY turn to jam!

No trip to Santa Fe would be complete without a treatment at 10,000 Waves Japanese Spa.

Is that a satisfied & relaxed customer or what???
Daddy poses with the kiddos...

We're ready to book next year's trip!

2 comments:

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Lucas is so stylin'. Such a good looking guy already. How come Kate never smiles in her pictures? She has the pout down quite well though. :)

Allie said...

Loved seeing the vacation pics! Santa Fe is def on my short list of places to visit.